Next Wednesday, June 6th!
This is the day when you all can watch online while our amazing artists create a completed piece of original art in Where In The World Is Plein Air Each artist will be painting plein air from wherever they are in the world. This highly anticipated event happens just once a year. This year the show takes place for one day only!
You can purchase any painting on that day and moving forward until they are all sold.
A showing and reception will be held Friday, July 13th at 6:00 pm at the Illume Gallery of Fine Art. Many of the artists will be attending!
Call: 801-210-2853 to have the first chance to own your favorite pieces!
Illume Gallery Of Fine Art
29 West 200 North
St. George, Utah 84770
Prepare for an event surrounded in beauty and culture.
“The Value of Color”
Plein Air/Studio Workshop
Kathryn Stats will be teaching a part plein air/part studio workshop in St. George this fall! This workshop addresses problems encountered in designing a painting on location through the following concepts and techniques:
- Rearranging masses to form a more pleasing pattern.
- Changing spacial relationships.
- Emphasizing or minimizing elements to produce a strong design that will carry the piece from an average, “okay” work to a provocative piece that draws the viewer to stay focused for longer and not just pass over the picture.
- The number of values and percentage of each of those values in relationship to total mass.
- Applying color within defined value boundaries.
We will be working both indoors and outdoors in the beautiful environs of the St. George and Zion areas, this workshop will introduce principles and ideas that are as important to studio work as they are to plein air work. This class is open to anyone at the Advanced Beginner / Intermediate / Advanced levels, who regularly work direct from nature, but are also practiced studio painters. It’s designed for committed artists who practice their craft regularly but want to take their work and their thought process to the next level.
October 17-19, 2018 ~ 29 West 200 North
St. George, Utah Cost $595
Call to register – 801-210-2853